First Friday – All Ages Chill Hip Hop Show
August 2, 2019 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Hawaii State Art Museum
250 South Hotel St.
Honolulu HI 96813
About the Event
Free, family-friendly evening of art and music at HiSAM! All museum galleries will be open.
Ground floor and second floor of the No 1. Capitol District building (250 South Hotel St., corner of Richards and S. Hotel)
- April Sham (activity to be announced)
- Eric Beyer (activity to be announced)
- Photo Ops Photobooth: free photobooth! Selfies and group photos with professional lighting. Get digital photos right away!
- DJ Leanski: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m., indoors on the ground floor.
- Dayton Watanabe: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., indoors on the second floor. Classic Hawaiian slack-key guitar and contemporary acoustic guitar.
- Evan Khay: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., outdoor Sculpture Garden. Singer/songwriter, “old soul” genre blending.
Breaks R4 Kidz: 7:30 – 8:00 p.m., outdoor Sculpture Garden. Hip-hop dance studio for kids. (update: cancelled due to weather)
- Kero One: 8:00 – 9:00 p.m., outdoor Sculpture Garden. Danceable DJ set + live performance, lofi jazzy hip-hop.
Transportation and Parking
- TheBus – many bus routes stop directly in front of or very close to the museum. For routes and schedules, call TheBus at (808) 848-5555 or check online at www.thebus.org.
- The Waikiki Trolley – the Red Line State Capitol Stop is a short walk from HiSAM. For more information, call the Waikiki Trolley at (808) 591-2561, or check online at www.waikikitrolley.com.
- Biki Bikeshare – the closest Biki racks are directly in front of the building on South Hotel St. (120 Chinatown/DT – Hotel & Richards), and at the corner of Richards and South Beretania St (121 Chinatown/DT – Beretania & Richards).
- Bicycle Racks – nearby Honolulu City & County bike racks are on South Hotel St. near Alakea St., on Richards St. near South Hotel St., and on the lawn between the Hawai‘i State Capitol building and Iolani Palace.
There is no parking on site. Parking is available at nearby lots, including across Hotel street in the Ali‘i Place building (enter at 1099 Alakea Street, cash only), across Richards Street at Iolani Palace, the Kalanimoku Building, Kinaʻu Hale/Department of Health, State Capitol basement, Honolulu City Municipal Parking, and metered street parking in the area.
Free accessible parking stalls are available in these locations for persons with disabilities:
- Iolani Palace grounds (one stall near the Richards Street exit, one stall near the State Archives building, and one stall near the gate leading to the State Capitol)
- Ali‘i Place building parking structure (vehicle entrance at 1099 Alakea Street, pedestrian entrance/exit on South Hotel Street directly across from the Hawai‘i State Art Museum). 2 hour limit.
- State parking lots allow metered spaces in those lots to be used as accessible parking, with a 2 hour limit. Nearby state parking lots include the State Capitol (415 South Beretania Street and Punchbowl Street), and the Kalanimoku Building (corner of Beretania Street and 1151 Punchbowl Street). For a full list of state government parking lots and a map, please visit the Automotive Management Division webpage. In order to use the spaces, vehicles must display the appropriate placard issued to individuals.
Keep in Touch
Sign up for our email newsletter to get the event calendar delivered to your inbox: HiSAM Email Newsletter.
Follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest.